Emdom-MM Kit Mat
The Emdom-MM Kit Mat is another collaborative effort between Emdom USA and MM from www.militarymorons.com. It is an innovative shooting accessory combining the best features of cleaning kit pouches and a cleaning mat. No more fumbling around trying to locate various cleaning kit pouches, solvent holders, spare cloths, or old T-shirts to make up your weapon field maintenance kit. The Kit Mat provides you a practical "all-in-one" solution. Conceptualized and designed by MM, the Kit Mat is a simple and convenient fold-up/roll-up cleaning kit pouch, with integral mat. When unfolded, the three main features are: Two cleaning kit pouches, a Velcro small part area, and a cleaning mat.
Please see below for the Kit Mat's features, and click here to visit MM's Kit Mat Preview at www.militarymorons.com.
- Mil-spec material and excellent workmanship: Made of Mil-spec 1000 Denier Cordura, YKK Zipper, Mil-spec binding tape, elastic shockcord, 420 Denier Cordura (pouch interior), and metal grommets. Backed by Emdom's life warranty.
- Compact size: Folded / rolled up, the length of the Kit Mat is similar to a G.I. M16 cleaning kit pouch (9.5" long). Easy to store in most gun cases, or backpacks.
- Weight 7 oz.
- Optimal working area: Unfolded / unrolled, the size the whole Kit Mat is 25" x 19" with both top pouches opened. Mat area alone is 20" x 19". This size is carefully researched as an optimal size for most light weapon / pistols maintenance in the field.
- Two Cleaning Kit pouches: (size 9" x 3" x 1") with multi-storage compartments. Ideal for cleaning patches, brushes, jags, small solvent and oil bottles, issued or commercial sectional cleaning rods and any essentials. Both pouches are identical except a full-length bottom compartment in the right pouch.
- Small parts area: At the top right corner is a specially designed 6" x 4" area of loop Velcro. With the help of four 1" wide hook Velcro straps, you can secure small gun parts or tools so they don't get lost. No MIAs.
- Multi-functional: Easy to use. Great for weapon maintenance / examination / cleaning, mini shooting mat to rest elbows on, clean surface for eating, sitting, or etc.
- Bottom corner grommets: For additional Shock-cord attachment, or nail / pin downs.
- Secure and clean fold-up: When the Kit Mat is folded, the clean surface (weapon surface) is always separated from the dirty surface (ground/bottom surface). The rolled-up Kit Mat is then secured by two shock-cord loops located at the bottom of the mat.
- Low maintenance: When the Kit Mat becomes too dirty, throw it in the wash, or brush / wash it in the sink.
I got tired of using a gallon freezer bag for my cleaning kit. This hold all my supplies and the pockets within the 2 compartments are well thought out. For example, 2 internal pockets fit my CLP bottle and barber brush perfectly (2 things the designers knew I would have). There is also a pocket that is the perfect size for dental picks, cleaning rod pieces, and toothbrushes. Well thought out and rolls to about the diameter of a Nalgene bottle when full (a Nalgene pouch would be great for carrying attached to pack).
This is a very nicely built item, which will work great as my spare ar15 parts kit. My only gripe is that it isn't made in the USA, which unfortunately is becoming more and more common.
This was a total impulse buy. I use it more for a benched mat and it perfect to keep things organized.
Small, innovative and durable. Great product.
This is a great piece of gear to add to your range bag. I have a broken shell extractor, AK & AR sight adjustment tool, folding allen key set, larue wrench, glock punch, loctite, chamber brush, patches, gas rings, extractor, firing pin, cam pin, metal cleaning rod, lubrication, and a bore snake all in one convenient place that will keep my weapon out of the dirt.
The item shipped fast, reasonable pricing and came exactly as ordered.
Best cleaning Kit pouch design I've ever seen.
A long time ago I used to use one of those ALICE clip pockets to carry my cleaning kit. Then they issued those little circular cleaning kits. It was hard to get that circular kit back together the way it came and neither kit included a method for keeping you parts and tools out of the dirt when in the field. With this kit you have storage, a work mat and keepers for small parts. I can carry tools to clean and maintain both primary and secondary weapons as well as some small spare parts. Very useful and while larger than the circular kit, I can add my own tools if I want and still have the mat.