Magpul MBUS Back Up Front Sight, Gen 2
The new MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) GEN 2 is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight. The MBUS Front Sight is adjustable for elevation and fits all MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16/M4 platform.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to most any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 railed hand guard and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the spring-locking A2 front sight post
• Weight, w/ hardware: 1.2 oz.
• Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
• Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
• Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
NEW Features for GEN 2
• Reduced size for greater optics compatibility
• Spring-locking front sight post holds consistent elevation
NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues. Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail. Because of this the sight is not compatible with the MOE Hand Guard.
Every one knows that Magpul mbus sights are the best polymers you can find and to top that off SKD has the best deals and fastest shipping I’ve seen. This is a score if I’ve ever seen one.
Can't say enough, best backup sights for the money. Got them in OD for my IWI Tavor, Also have them in FDE for my Stag Arms AR15-2T 🇺🇸
Good price outstanding delivery time
Quality piece of essential equipment. Great shopping and prompt order shipping.
These worked really well, easy to install & easy to zero. Good as back up sights if my EoTech goes out.
A little bulkier than Troy's or similar iron sights but also half the pice. Gets the job done.
Great value and always there when you need them
So you have a shiny new rifle. Now you need sights. That EOTech is great until the batteries die. Backup sights are a must. These are great. Plastic. Made in the USA. And spring operated. When I put them on my rifle and shot it for the first time I didn't even need to adjust elevation or windage. Your mileage may vary. SKD shipped fast and cheap. Thank you Magpul and thank you SKD.
Does what it's supposed to do.... These sights are backup "irons" for my AR, mounted with an Aimpoint micro. They are just shy of co-witnessing with the Aimpoint, but that wasn't their intended purpose, so it doesn't bother me at all. If the Aimpoint goes down in a fight, it'll be removed (that's why it's mounted with a QD mount). I haven't done much high volume shooting with it on, so I don't know exactly how it'll hold up once the barrel gets really hot. It's mounted on a Spikes 12" BAR quad rail. This thing has a very large diameter, and milled out quite a bit, so it's never really gotten hot; I don't anticipate any issues with the front sight being plastic. I haven't really abused this rifle, so can't speak to how rugged this plastic sight is (yet). Honestly, if this was my Oh Sh!t rifle, I would have real metal irons mounted. All in all, good back up sights for the price.