Magpul MBUS Back Up Front Sight, Gen 2
The new MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) GEN 2 is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight. The MBUS Front Sight is adjustable for elevation and fits all MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16/M4 platform.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to most any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 railed hand guard and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the spring-locking A2 front sight post
• Weight, w/ hardware: 1.2 oz.
• Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
• Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
• Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
NEW Features for GEN 2
• Reduced size for greater optics compatibility
• Spring-locking front sight post holds consistent elevation
NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues. Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail. Because of this the sight is not compatible with the MOE Hand Guard.
I own a set of these for ever at I own and for the price they can't be beat.
I find this sight to be accurate and solid. No complaints from me.
Lightweight. Quality construction. Inexpensive. I would buy it again.
GREAT SERVICE....GREAT PRICE....WILL DO BUSINESS AGAIN !
These a great for what they serve and there very light weight.
This light weight front sight is great. They even include a sight tool for adjusting the sight post. Easy to mount, easy to use, easy to shoot through(same concept at original sight post). The price was great, especially with the magpul code. Would suggest this to a friend.
This front MBUS is truely a great product. It was easy to install and easy to adjust. Works great and at a much more affordable price then that of the top end sights.
Great BUIS -- they live up to all the reviews. Remember, they are NOT National Match sights, but that's not what we're talking about .. right?? SKD Tac. shipping and COMM was way above average, too.