Magpul ZHUKOV Hand Guard - AK47/AK74
The Magpul Zhukov Hand Guard is a fully-featured AK forearm for the modern AK. The Zhukov Hand Guard casts aside traditional AK forearm shortcomings and offers an extended option for modern shooting techniques, an aluminum chassis for strength and heat dispersion, a comfortable injection molded exterior for superior ergonomics, and M-LOK slots for optimized accessory attachment.
Compatible with the Ultimak gas tube rail for optics mounting, the Zhukov Hand Guard redefines functionality for the modern AK platform.
Installation requires permanent removal of the hand guard retainer.
- Extended length provides large gripping surface for modern shooting techniques as well as additional accessory mounting positions
- Mounts to most AK-47/AKM/AK-74 rifles with barrels between 16.75-18.25 mm in diameter under the hand guard and greater than 13" in length*
- Full length, hard anodized, aluminum chassis clamps directly to barrel and provides for flex-free mounting as well as excellent heat shielding
- Durable polymer outer cover
- Slots at the three, six, and nine o'clock positions for mounting direct-attach M-LOK accessories or M-LOK 1913 Picatinny rail sections
- Includes replacement polymer Top Cover
- Compatible with UltiMAK Optics Mount top cover
Zhukov Hand Guard
- Weight, w/ Top Cover: 15.1 oz.
- Length, maximum: 11.7 in.
- Width: 1.8 in.
- Height, w/o Top Cover: 2.1 in.
*NOTE: The Zhukov Hand Guard requires the permanent removal of the factory hand guard retaining cap and forward sling mount if so equipped. Please ensure your barrel diameter under the hand guard falls between 16.75-18.25 millimeters before cutting your retaining cap!
Due to the wide range of tolerances of your typical AK, minor additional fitting may be required. Not compatible with Yugo pattern rifles.
WARNING: Due to extended Hand Guard length, barrels less than 13" long are not recommended.
If your hands and arms are of the adult male variety, having a tiny hand guard back near the magazine is lacking from a control standpoint. Grabbing large amounts of exposed hot metal, when you are trying to focus on other things, is unfavorable. This improves both issues. Most importantly, the rifle no longer looks like the property of an illiterate peasant.
If you have a VEPR AK or an RPK (VEPRs use RPK receivers and various other parts), you are in for a wild ride trying to get this part to fit on your rifle. I was able to make it work but it involved a lot of dremeling (not just the handguard retainer which is required regardless of rifle). Once I finally got it on, I really like the feel and the coverage it provides. It no longer feels like I'm being denied those precious extra inches at the end of the barrel.