PIG Plate Carrier (US Pat. Nos. 9,222,757 & D781,000)
This Package includes the Front and Back Panel as well as the Cummerbund
The Patrol Incident Gear Plate Carrier (PIG PC) is a Patented (US Pat. Nos. 9,222,757 & D781,000) design that was over two years in the making. Starting off as a modified Eagle Plate Carrier Pre-production model in 2007, we threw out the drawing board altogether and performed a complete ground-up metamorphosis based directly on a list of functional attributes we wanted to feature. The result is the most versatile, and most highly-rated plate carrier on the market. The PIG PC is a lightweight plate carrier system that allows the user to configure the kit to work optimally with their mission profile. It is proudly Made in the USA, and offers some of the most unique features available on a plate carrier today.
Approx. weight (w/ Molle Cummerbund): 2 lbs 11 oz
- Elevated Plate Profile - Most plate carriers on the market tend to carry the plate extremely low in relation to the most vital organs and vessels in the upper-thoracic region they are meant to protect. One of the main goals of this carrier was to get both front and back plates high enough to maximize protection of your vitals. An adjustable plate harness pushes each plate to the top of the plate pocket, and keeps plates centered left and right through internal velcro stabilizers. The PIG PC also places the top of the rear plate ABOVE the connection point to the shoulder straps. This allows both front and rear plates to be optimally positioned without sacrificing comfort.
- One Size Fits Most – The adjustable plate harness and the internal Velcro stabilizers allow the wearer to use any size SAPI/ESAPI plate from Small through Extra Large (or similar corner cut plates) without having the plates bottom out or swim around in the carrier. The PIG is the only plate carrier that can secure this wide range of plate sizes while maintaining such a low footprint on the wearer.
- Rear Padding System - The rear plate carrier features two vertical back pads that keep contact off of your spine and creates an air-flow channel to aid in increased ventilation and heat dissipation. These vertical pads flow into the integral padded shoulder straps, creating a continuous shock-absorbing feature that is extremely comfortable for extended use.
- Hybrid Construction - Utilizes 500 Denier Cordura and lightweight Pack Nylon in different areas according to abrasion exposure to minimize weight.
- Multiple Cummerbund Options - Now you can get all the features you want, or just those you need with regards to the cummerbund. With 2 cummerbund options and 3 side plate carrier options, you have multiple configurations to select from.
- Scalable Side Plate Pocket Options - Now you can use 6"x 6" side plates as well as 6"x 8" & 7" x 8" models with the extended retention strap feature on both of our Side Plate Carrier models. The elastic expansion capability allows you to run just a side plate, or both a side plate and a soft armor backer behind it with no slop or movement in the pouch. The PIG Modular Side Plate Carrier (MSPC) adds the most versatility, securing most any size side plate with or without soft armor backer to any Molle surface.
- Dedicated Plate-backer Pockets - Each PIG PC ships with a custom cut foam panel that sits inside a dedicated pocket to increase comfort for the wearer. You can access and replace this panel with a soft armor insert without having to touch your plates and visa-versa. This makes plus-ing up or scaling down a much simpler operation.
- G-Hook Applications - The PIG PC is the first production Plate Carrier to utilize ITW G-Hook, easily one of the most versatile pieces of hardware available to the tactical market today. Used in the primary shoulder strap attachment, it allows the user to replace hardware in the field and select between a side release buckle or a metal D-ring assembly. The PIG PC Load Integration Kit also uses G-Hooks to seamlessly integrate the popular Eagle Yote pack to the PIG PC.
- Semi-Rigid Drag Handle - The tubular nylon drag handle houses a length of plastic tubing to increase surface area and comfort when gripping.
- Split Cummerbund Retention Flaps - By splitting the cummerbund flaps, the user is able to keep one side attached at all times through repeated don/doff cycles. The flaps' outer corners are retained by snap tabs that come up from underneath to keep the corner retained. Each flap includes a kangaroo pouch for hasty item storage or integration of dedicated flap pouches.
- Front & Back Velcro PALS - Now you don't have to settle for either just a velcro panel, or PALS without velcro. Both front and back plate compartments have velcro-covered PALS webbing that lets the user configure the Plate Carrier with ID patches or modular pouches as necessary.
For plate carrier fitting advice, please see the SKD post: How to Choose the Right Size Plate Carrier
PIG Plate Carrier Plate Installation
How to install plates in the front and back plate pockets for ...
PIG Plate Carrier Soft Armor Compatible Molle Cummerbund
3 part video detailing the installation of the Molle Cummerbun...
PIG Plate Carrier Elastic Cummerbund
Details and installation of the Elastic Cummerbund for the PIG...