SKD Enhanced Combat BDU Shirt - Charlie/Velcro Model
The SKD Enhanced Combat Shirt BDU is the next evolution in our combat-proven MultiCam® series of BDUs.
The Charlie model features two chest pockets that are turned outwards for easy access from the corresponding hand while wearing kit and the two front lower pockets removed to allow for tucking of the shirt. he Velcro closure minimizes pressure spots when wearing body armor, and the absence of a zipper means better ventilation when worn without armor.
- Improved Mandarin Collar with Foldback Velcro (Allows for a neat appearance when the collar is turned down- no flopping collars!)
- ID Velcro Panel on shoulder pockets (For unit ID patches)
- Elbow Pad Pocket (Accessible from the outside, allows easy installation and removal while shirt is worn
- 5.11 TDU Elbow Pads fit well (pads not included)
- Velcro Wrist Stays (Replaces buttons)
- Top entry chest pockets, with Velcro name-tape loop sewn on top
- Slanted upper arm double pockets, with Velcro loop sewn on top
- Pen pocket
- Low profile mandarin collar with Velcro closure
- MIL-PRF-MCCUU 50% Nylon 50% Cotton Nyco Ripstop (MultiCam®)
- US Made with genuine Crye Multicam® fabric and US Materials
- Available Colors: MultiCam®, MultiCam® Arid, MultiCam® Black, MultiCam® Tropic
- Size Chart:
The old button version is my favorite, so much so that I always purchased them for field and deployment wear. I’m issued the Patagonia stuff but prefer these. I grew up on BDUs and this material wears a lot more like them and the cut is superior. That said, the Velcro shirt closure is terrible. I have the Beyond, Crye and Patagonia PCU 9s but the button version of SKD uniform is best, to me. I hate my new Velcro tops.
I am at the place where XL and 2XL meet so I ordered the XL/L. From my sternum up the shirt fit but it was tight around my blessings. I am at a 42" waist. I contacted SKD and quickly received a 2XL/L which fits as I like my hunting clothes. I had paid $ 60 locally for a Nomad Mossy Oak pant so I don't think SKD pricing is out of line for a superior product. Both shirts had arrived in 3 days from order to receipt.
For the price itÕs hard to beat if you want Arid/Tropic made in the USA. The threads could have been cut a little shorter at the end of the stitching. And I did have one of the name tape Velcro strips come lose but it was an easy fix.
I am one of those guys between sizes. On paper the XL/L fit, but in reality it wouldn't go around my blessings. I normally buy 40/42 waist. The 2X/L fit perfectly for camo and the color is superior to other brands I've seen. SKD sent both the original order and replacement in 3 days each; Outstanding !