Aimpoint CompM5 (2 MOA) - w/o mount
The CompM5 is a high performance red dot sight developed to withstand extremely tough handling and environmental situations without adding much weight to the user's equipment. Aimpoint red dot sights are designed for both eyes open method which greatly enhances situational awareness and target acquisition. Thanks to the optical design the red dot follows the movement of the user's eye while remaining fixed on target, eliminating any need for centering.
The CompM5 allows for unlimited eye relief and is compatible with Aimpoint 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers as well as all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD).
The battery life for the CompM5 is over 5 years of continuous use while at the pos. 7, more than 1 year of use at pos. 8, and more than 10 years at NVD settings (pos. 1 to 4).
COMPLETE AND READY TO MOUNT
The standard configuration of the CompM5 contains the sight, a LRP mount and a 39 mm spacer. The sight is also equipped with flip-up lens covers, the front lens cover is black and the rear transparent.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SIGHT
CompM5 sights can be customized according to your preferences and needs. Both the included LRP mount and spacer can be changed to meet the demands of your specific mission and equipment.
- Mountable on MIL-STD 1913 Rail system/Picatinny rail
- Advanced optical lenses with a protective front window
- High, AAA battery compartment
- Compatible with every generation of NVD
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint® 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers
- Excellent light transmission
- Extremely robust housing design, same ruggedness as the CompM4 sights with less weight
- Operable to a depth of 45 m (150 ft)
- Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil
- Weight 238 g (8.4 oz) standard configuration, sight only 148 g (5.2 oz)
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- 4 NVD settings and 6 daylight settings
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
I've used Aimpoint real-world. It's the simplest and toughest optic I've used. The CompM5 is no different. Read the directions, pick your zero then shoot. The field of view is narrow if you shoot one eye closed. Battery life is similar to advertised but that's depending on how often you use it. If you use a rifle professionally, this is an optic to consider.
Just like anything Aimpoint makes, expect superb quality and durability. The unit is small, fitting on a standard Aimpoint Micro footprint, it was still smaller than I had envisioned, having something like a shrunk CompM4 in mind, but it is bigger than a T2. The brightness controls are less "precise" than its T2 Counterpart, but it is very tactile it also has less range of adjustment. The clarity is excellent and the dot is crisp and very bright. Can't go wrong.