Ferro Concepts - The Slickster
The newest generation of the Slickster has been designed as a multi-mission plate carrier for Law Enforcement and Military professionals. It is the base platform for our new ADAPT Carrier System and is scaleable and customizable with the continually expanding line of ADAPT accessories. From low visibility security and clandestine operations, to high threat direct action missions, the Slickster can easily and quickly be adapted to suit your requirements through the use of ADAPT accessories. Simple, low profile and thought out design. Everything you need, nothing you don't.
- Carry Elastic Cummerbund (CEC) that can accommodate 5.56 and 7.62 magazines, smoke, flashbang, radio, tourniquet and others (4 cells on each side). Adjustable with hook and loop front and rear.
- Loop on the chest and back allow for call-sign patches to be added.
- Laminated shoulder straps which are fully adjustable into the rear plate bag to fit all sizes. Loop on bottom of straps for comfort in low visibility and ADAPT shoulder pads.
- Laser cut slots on laminated chest to attach ADAPT flaps as well as most chest rigs using ITW QASM buckles (sold separately)
- Laser cut slots located at the bottom of front and rear plate bags to attach tourniquets and other accessories.
- Mesh lined plate bags to maximize comfort and breathability.
- Includes shoulder strap adjustment tool which, although not necessary for adjustment, helps aid in quick sizing.
- Weighing in at only 402g
- The Slickster fits SAPI, ESAPI, XSAPI, standalone level 4, swimmer cut and shooter cut armor plates. Chassis is sized by plate: (Medium plate = Medium Slickster) (10x12 Plate = Medium Slickster) Large Slickster Plate Pocket Max = 10.5"x13.5".
- Manufactured in the United States with USA mil-spec materials.
For plate carrier fitting advice: How to Choose the Right Size Plate Carrier
Nice and sleek with options to build up. Didn’t want a full combat tactical carrier. Everything seems quality built.
I purchased this carrier because a good friend of mine had. I was so impressed I knew I had to have one. It's a great fit and is super lo pro. Goes under all my jackets with no issue. Performance wise, haven't had much time training with if but, just from dry firing at home, it will not interfere with movement whatsoever. Definitely recommend it.
Lightweight, well fitting, scalable. I like how it can go from under a jacket, to full battle rattle in just a few moments.
Finally a Low Vis plate carrier that will fit the common .90 to 1 inch thick UHMWPE plates. A lot of companies have sizing charts that address the fit to the outside diameter of plates (10x12, 10x14, SAPI, ESAPI, swimmer cut) but have no info on thickness capability so ordering is always a gamble. Calling or emailing either gets no response, an uneducated response, or an ambiguous/condescending response of "refer to our size chart. SKD was helpful in this regard. P.S. I see a lot of reviews on here stating "It isn't capable of carrying a large load out" or complaining about the fact it can't. It's called "The slickster" meaning "Low Vis". educate yourself and know what your intended use will be before you leave a "SILLY" review. "Just stop your crying, it's the sign of the times. Welcome to the final show, hope you're wearing your best clothes" DE OPPRESSO LIBER 18B.
This is the most versatile slickster on the market with so many options for attachments to adjust to the type of work you do. Military, law enforcement or first responders. Ferro concepts got you covered. go to youtube and see for yourself what this bad boy can do.
This product is a pretty dope minimalist plate carrier. Good for working out, training and larping around the house in my $189 digital camo tech briefs until SHTF and you really gotta use it for its intended purpose. Only downside is the cummerbund or maybe not. For most of cheeseburger eating America you wrap that cumberbund around your side abs it’s gonna make you have that beautiful hourglass shape you always wanted with your internet girlfriend or you gonna be looking like a Pillsbury doughboy with your muffins exploding at the seams. Other than that it’s beautiful purpose made carrier.
Excellent product and value. I own 4 and use them on my work and personal rifles. Simple to use and rock solid
The Slickster from Ferro Concepts is a great carrier. The materials used and craftsmanship are as expected from Ferro Concepts, good to go. SKD makes ordering quick and easy.
Light weight, fast to put on, and excellent build quality. It allows you to scale up for your needs. If your looking to load yourself down with gear, I’d look elsewhere. If you just need plates, tourniquet, an additional mag, this is the carrier for you.