Ferro Concepts - The Slickster
The newest generation of the Slickster has been designed as a multi-mission plate carrier for Law Enforcement and Military professionals. It is the base platform for our new ADAPT Carrier System and is scaleable and customizable with the continually expanding line of ADAPT accessories. From low visibility security and clandestine operations, to high threat direct action missions, the Slickster can easily and quickly be adapted to suit your requirements through the use of ADAPT accessories. Simple, low profile and thought out design. Everything you need, nothing you don't.
- Carry Elastic Cummerbund (CEC) that can accommodate 5.56 and 7.62 magazines, smoke, flashbang, radio, tourniquet and others (4 cells on each side). Adjustable with hook and loop front and rear.
- Loop Velcro on the chest and back allow for call-sign patches to be added.
- Laminated shoulder straps which are fully adjustable into the rear plate bag to fit all sizes. Loop velcro on bottom of straps for comfort in low visibility and ADAPT shoulder pads.
- Laser cut slots on laminated chest to attach ADAPT flaps as well as most chest rigs using ITW QASM buckles (sold separately)
- Laser cut slots located at the bottom of front and rear plate bags to attach tourniquets and other accessories.
- Mesh lined plate bags to maximize comfort and breathability.
- Includes shoulder strap adjustment tool which, although not necessary for adjustment, helps aid in quick sizing.
- Weighing in at only 402g
- The Slickster fits SAPI, ESAPI, XSAPI, standalone level 4, swimmer cut and shooter cut armor plates. Chassis is sized by plate: (Medium plate = Medium Slickster) (10x12 Plate = Medium Slickster) Large Slickster Plate Pocket Max = 10.5"x13.5".
- Manufactured in the United States with USA mil-spec materials.
For plate carrier fitting advice: How to Choose the Right Size Plate Carrier
I bought my first plate carrier from those guys with long lead times in 2019. I spent hours trying to get it to fit properly and wore out most of the velcro. I was never really happy with it so I settled on Ferro Concepts. I ordered may 21 and recieved it may 25! I was able to get it snug and perfectly adjusted in less than 10 minutes! Great quality, holds steel and hesco plates snug. Very comfortable for a minimalist civi setup.
This carrier even with steel plates makes it feel like you’re not even wearing armor. I put 4.5lb ceramic plates in and it’s much more comfortable than my normal soft armor police vest. The add ons for the slickster add up quick but the quality, functionality, and comfort is worth it. SKD shipped my order out an hour after I checks out, blown away by such an awesome customer experience even during this “pandemic”.
So far so good. Super comfortable. Great fit. Holds plates.
Fits all body types thanks to the elastic cummerbund and feels amazing to wear
Fits like a glove very sleek. Good product well made
Excellent carrier. Medium was great for my thinner frame but is very flexible and comfortable. It would fit other frames easily. First carrier I've worn that sits just below your collar bone. Excellent design. Very comparable to lv119 by spiritus. Great overall.
Awesome. Even changing my order was easy peasy. Thank you.
SKD’s Shipping ROCKS! Had my order in hand in less than 4 days! Paired with a Mayflower Placard, Spiritus SACK, and a pair of Hesco L210’s (hurry up Saber Solutions) I’m ready for the Flugaloo!
The plate carrier is very modular with several adjustable lengths in the shoulder straps and the cummerbund. Only worn around the house due to preparing for a deployment, but it is very comfortable. Love the SKD exclusive Multicam Black also.