Magpul™ PMAG 10 7.62 AC - AICS Short Action - 7.62x51mm NATO
A larger-capacity variant of the proven PMAG 5 7.62 AC, the PMAG 10 7.62 AC is a reliable and durable polymer magazine for .308 Winchester based family of cartridges.
Compatible with short action AICS-spec bottom metal to include the Bolt Action Magazine Well for the Hunter 700 Stock, the PMAG 10 7.62 AC brings additional capacity in an affordable and reliable package. Featuring GEN M3 technology, a paint-pen dot matrix for visual identification, and a flared base plate for positive control and ease of retrieval, the PMAG 10 7.62 AC sets a new standard for bolt action magazines.
Made in the USA
- Compatible with short action AICS (Accuracy International Chassis Systems) pattern bottom metal and cartridges built on a 0.470" case head such as 7.62x51/.308 Winchester, 7mm-08 Remington, 6.5mm Creedmoor, .260 Remington, .243 Winchester, and others*
- Accepts a cartridge overall length of up to 2.86"
- Next-generation impact and crush resistant polymer construction
- Self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
- Long life stainless steel spring
- Paint pen dot matrix panels on the bottom of the body to allow for identification marking
- Flared floorplate aids magazine handling and is easy to disassemble for maintenance
*NOTE: Not compatible with smaller base diameter cartridges such as .220 Swift, .223 Remington, .300 AAC Blackout, etc. or larger short action magnums. In addition, due to the wide variety and potential combinations of aftermarket receivers, stocks, chassis, and bottom metal that accept AICS pattern mags, minor fitting may be required. Not compatible with Accuracy International AE rifles.
I have a standard Ruger Gunsite Scout 16". I replaced the factory plastic trigger guard with a metal MK2 from Impact Firearms. I purchased two of the Magpul PMAG® 10 7.62 AC in my efforts to find the best overall magazine for my uses. The other modifications to the rifle have been a XS Sight Systems Rail, and a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 power scope with the German #4 reticle, running a Larue LT120 mount. The MagPul PMAG 10 7.62 AC magazine for the AICS short action fit in the MK2 magazine well as snug as factory plastic , however THEY DO NOT LOCK IN. I would not discourage anyone from purchasing one or two for a test fit on their GSR. IF they end up locking in after some hand fitting I expect them to be a good magazine for the price. Time on the modification bench will see if they can be improved to fit.