S.O.Tech VIPER Flat IFAK, A1
The evolution of our popular and widely adopted Viper Flat IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) is here. Originally designed in 2011 as a solution to bulky and in the way IFAKs. A true ambidextrous IFAK that can be worn on your armor carrier, battle belt and duty belt. Make more room up front and affix the Viper IFAK to the rear of your armor carrier or battle belt.
The Viper Flat IFAK comes in two sizes. The full size (VFIFAK-A1) accommodates the SOF-IFAK SOCOM medical contents.
Moving the IFAK position from the warrior's front or side position to the soldier's back gives the soldier wearing this new IFAK three important advantages:
- Utilizes the dead space below the plate carrier on the soldier's back
- Removes ambiguity of the soldier's life-saving equipment. Is it located on the left or right side of his body?
- The soldier can now carry much more needed gear like extra mags, frags, and mission items where the soldier needs them the most, up front or on his sides.
- Accommodates SOF-IFAK Medical Contents
- Ambidextrous deployment
- Flex-Tab attachment system (Patented)
- Now compatible with duty / riggers belts carry
- Flat design for ultra-thin profile and minimal weight
- Folding and overlapping flaps provide maximum utility and versatility
- Quick closure for movement with cinch strap
- Cinch strap can allow for IFAK to be hung around neck for hands free use
- Approximately same thickness as standard plate carrier for low profile
- When worn on lower back provides lumbar support
- Rides snug in case and will not dispense without deliberate side force by operator
- Front 2 x 2 Velcro® field for cross patch
- Overall Dimensions (empty): 8" x 6.5" x 1"
- Material: 500D Cordura® Nylon
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA, Berry compliant
Pouch Only. Contents not included.
Well made, well designed. I like how you can put all the neccessary items for initial care under fire tactical field care in it without having the bulk of depth you have with other IFAKs.