SureFire EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra Earplugs
EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra protect your hearing without interfering with your ability to hear routine sounds or conversations. Their foam-tipped stem design, featuring soft memory-foam Comply Canal Tips, fits most people and provides a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 28dB. Sounds, at safe levels, are allowed to pass through into the ear canal, while potentially harmful noises (above 85dB) are reduced via a proprietary design that incorporates a special noise-reducing filter. EP7s include attached filter caps, which can be inserted for additional protection and blocking out lower-level noise, like that heard on a plane, in situations where hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn't critical. Right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders Ultra are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer that provides all-day comfort and an extended product life (up to 6+ months, depending on usage and care). Their patented EarLock® retention rings lock the earplugs in place, while soft foam-tipped stems provide secure seals in the ear canals. And their low-profile design means they can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask, or while using a phone or headset. Available in black.
Comfortable EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra also serve as earpieces for compatible radio communication systems* simply by removing the noise-reducing filter and attaching the earpiece to the system. NOTE: EP7 earpiece will not provide hearing protection if the noise-reducing filter is removed.
EP7s are available in small (S), medium (M), and large (L). Proper size is based on the dimensions of your ear's concha bowl. Size "medium" fits most people; however, to ensure the best possible fit, review the earpiece sizing chart by clicking on the Sizing Chart image. EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra are sold as a single left/right set or in a box containing 25 sets. Each set is packaged in a convenient carry case and includes a polymer lanyard and an extra set of memory foam Comply Canal Tips; replacements available--see Parts and Accessories on this page.
* RADIO COMM SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY: Thales: Covert Security Harness; Harris: Security Force Communication Set; Motorola: Surveillance Kits; Tactical Command Industries: Tactical Earpiece Products; Peltor: Lightweight Systems-Hearplug; Silynx: C4Ops Headset
- 28dB Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) with filter caps inserted
- Lowers potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB
- Hear safe sound levels (with filter caps out) as if you weren't wearing ear plugs
- Patented EarLock® retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock earpieces in place and fit the same way every time
- Soft memory-foam Canal Comply Tips provide secure seals in ear canals and all-day comfort
- Made from hypoallergenic, medical-grade polymer that's soft, comfortable, and durable
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a mask, helmet, hat, or while using phone, headphones, or supplemental hearing muffs
- Serve as earpieces for compatible* radio communication systems
- 26" polymer lanyard included
- Additional pair of Comply Canal tips included
I've been using just regular foam plugs to double up with my muffs, but find that they don't stay in very well. I've tried other plugs with the plastics tips, but uncomfortable. These plugs have the foam tips and they work perfectly for me. No problem staying in and allows me to remove the muffs when off the line, but not lose any hearing protection.
These things are very good step up from those cheap "disposable" ones. However, the adhesive that holds the expanding foam on the canal portion of the earpro will give out with climate and temperature variations. Personally, I would opt for the EP3s. I've had and used them both for the same amount of time until the EP7s gave out. That being said, it's my opinion that these offer superior hearing protection over the EP3s. If you're looking to buy two pairs, try one of each.
From the picture, i thought they were something special but, found out they are just ear plugs. I won't waste my money on them ever again.
Great Fit, can't wait to put them through the test next week at the range
I never used these until a recent competition shoot. They were great at blocking noise and are very comfortable to wear all day. LCDR J. Baker Fox Co/2BN/TMAR Texas State Guard
I got size medium because I was unsure of what size I should've gotten. I went to an indoor range and my ears were ringing afterward. Either need a bigger size or they just don't offer me enough protection
Have tried a lot of others. These keep out the shots, while allowing you to hear conversations.
I took these crow hunting and with me and two other people shoulder to shoulder shooting shotguns they performed very well. I could hear/carry on conversations without taking them out. The fit flush in my ear and wearing a facemask and hat didn't bother or move them at all. Would recommend.