Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic
Designed with input from a distinguished group of current and former professionals, the Patrol Rifle Optic incorporates many never before seen features to maximize this sight's performance within the challenging conditions faced by modern law enforcement. A hard-anodized 30mm tube was utilized, enclosing a high efficiency circuit that allows the sight to be turned on and left on for up to three years using a single battery.
The Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic's front lens utilizes a unique band-pass coating, which allows the sight to be used with all generations of night vision devices. The modular QRP2 mount includes a removable spacer that indexes the sight at the optimal height for co-witness with the standard iron sights on AR15/M16/M4 Carbine style weapons. This spacer can be removed to enable the use of the sight on police shotguns or sub-machine guns. The QRP2 mount for the PRO Optic also incorporates a torque-limiting twist knob that provides the optimal level of pressure on the rail while completely eliminating the possibility of over-tightening. Both the PRO Optic's front and rear lenses are recessed within the sight body to provide protection against impact damage, scratches, and fingerprints.
Flip covers are included to further protect the lenses, and a transparent rear lens cover is utilized allowing the user to engage a target with the lens covers closed in a emergency situation. A two Minute of Angle (2 MOA) red dot is utilized to allow maximum accuracy at all distances and under all environmental conditions.
**As of 2012, Aimpoint has removed their LE/Govt/Security ONLY restriction to the PRO.**
- Always red - always on. Turn it on for up to 3 years using one single battery. No need to fumble with switches prior to use.
- 2 minute of angle red dot for accurate target engagement at all distances.
- In service date and battery change date reminders makes inventory tracking and maintenance easy.
- Enhanced speed on target and increased first shot hit probability when compared to iron sights and magnified scopes.
- Compatible with all generations of night vision devices and may be used with Aimpoint 3X Magnifiers and Concealed Engagement unit.
- Hard anodized aluminum alloy housing. Rugged enough for real world conditions and waterproof to 150 feet.
- Threaded front lens opening allows use of screw-in anti-reflection device (ARD).
- Front and rear flip covers keep lenses clean.
- Transparent rear flip cover allows use of the sight (with both eyes open) even with both covers closed in an emergency.
- Battery and adjustment cap retainer straps means you will never lose your pieces.
- Modular mount set up for use on flat-top AR15, M4 Carbine and M16 rifles. (Adapter available for carry handle mounting)
- Removable spacer. Remove for use on shotguns and sub-guns.
- QRP2 rail grabber mount. Snap knob three times for a perfect mount. Will not deform your rail like many other mounts.
- Recessed lens openings helps prevent against impact damage, fingerprints and scratches.
Law Enforcement carbines, rifles, shotguns and submachineguns
Objective Lens: Band Pass coating for NVD
LED, Light source wave length: 650 nm, red light
Red dot size: 2 MOA*
Eye relief: Unlimited
Optical surfaces: All surfaces anti-reflex coated; Multi-layer coated objective lens
Battery: DL 1/3N
Battery Life: 3 years continuous at setting 7**
Dot intensity regular: Rotary switch
Settings: 4 NVD and 6 Daylight including 1 extra bright
Surface finish: Hard anodized
Adjustment: 1 click = 1/2" at 100 yards
Mounting method: QRP2 mount for M1913 standard Picatinny rail, and spacer for AR15/M4 carbine application included.
Temp range: -50 - 160F
Water resistance: Submersible to 150 feet
Weight: 11.6 oz including mount and spacer
Ring diameter: 30mm
* MOA (minute of angle) 1 MOA = 30mm at 100 meters = 1" at 100 yards
** at room temperature
Mounted on a AA 11.5 inch SBR. Like it so far and works good so far. Its Aimpoint so I sure it will be good to go for a very long time.
C'mon. It's an Aimpoint. Bombproof reliability. Stop being silly and reading reviews. Just buy it. Slap it on your boomstick, throw it in the back of your lifted wrangler, and go train.
The Aimpoint PRO is great. There's a little blue tint to the glass (not unexpected), but it isn't dark enough to be distracting under actual use. Typical Aimpoint goodness! SKD's shipping was fast and the sight was well-packed. The only hiccup was that SKD mailed it "signature required". I wasn't home at the time, so I had to go to the post office the next business day. Fortunately, my schedule allowed for that, but it could be a real PITA for somebody on a more conventional work schedule. However, considering the discount on the PRO, that was a small price to pay. :)
Fantastic company, quality optic. Just be sure to pick a cover if you have the option. I didn't because I didn't see it; It's my fault and now I'm regretting not seeing it. That's the only issue I've had. The optic is incredible! But just wish I read the option to get a cover. It would be nice to have a cover haha.
Great optic.. SKD was fast but shipping thru the post office was slow. USPS is worthless but everyone knows that..
Every product is top shape and the costumer service is unbeatable. You will not be treated better anywhere else
I'm really happy with my purchase. Shipping was fast. The aimpoint pro needs no introduction. Very easy to use and very similar to my issued M68 CCO. The only thing bad is the battery and what I mean about it is that I can't walk into a local big box store and pick up spares. But it's a nice compromise as opposed to spending $800+ for an actual CCO. It's solidly built and it came with a free optic cover. A++ would SKD tactical again.
Been running a Pro for 3 years now. Thousands of rounds downrange, lots of practice, lots of classes, used in rainy and muddy environments, dropped on hard surfaces, getting banged around, dirty, sandy, knocked around the inside of vehicles, fallen over by accident, submerged in bodies of water and I can't hurt this thing. Holds zero without fail and always works. EOD buddy of mine gave me a sheet of 3N batteries so I'm good to go for a while. I've wanted to pick up to a micro dot to be cool but I simply can't justify spending the cash in light of how good the Pro is. Running on a LaRue mount FWIW.
Fast shipping. I got what they said, when they said I'd get it. At a fair price. Excellent. The PRO optic came in excellent condition and is a tank. First order with SKD and they gained a return customer in this transaction.