The storage-capable version of the flagship Magpul MOE SL™ carbine stock, the MOE SL-S (Storage) Stock is a direct replacement buttstock for AR15/M4 carbines.
The sleek profile, dual-side release latches, and waterproof battery tubes make it the slimmest storage tube stock available. The SL-S provides an enhanced cheek weld and true, O-ring sealed, 10m waterproof storage area desired by many, but fits it into the narrowest package possible to allow a more upright head position and minimize bulk. A rolled toe and angled rubber butt-pad are optimized for use with body armor, and an ambidextrous QD sling swivel socket is included. A unique leaf-spring tension system provides a solid fit on mil-spec receiver extensions, with slightly less friction than the original SL. The MOE SL-S is the most intuitive, comfortable, and efficient storage stock available.
Made in U.S.A.
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, LMT, Ruger, S&W, SIG, and others (please see the note below)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
- Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via hand-removable, o-ringed rubber plugs that are waterproof to 10 meters
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Dual-side release latch provides easy adjustment while remaining anti-snag
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Internal anti-rattle leaf spring minimizes wobble on receiver extension tube
- Rubber butt-pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Rollover on the toe allows for easier shoulder transitions and better fit when using body armor
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear – Integral push-button QD swivel sling mount accommodates up to 1.5" swivels (ambidextrous)
- Rear/Bottom - 1.25" sling loops
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. The MOE SL-S will only fit with the common mil-spec tube.
Nice stock! I love the feel. Best part is that the wobble is gone from the stock. Defiantly improves accuracy. I ordered and it arrived about 4 days later all the way to Kodiak, AK!
Great shopping experience. Good price on the best AR stock ever!!! Fast shipping.
Stock has smooth lines, easy to manipulate, low weight and it fits tighter than ANY other stock i compared it too.....ie ctr, b5 systems, bcm, etc....i have them all....this one is a winner so much that i already bought 2 more! Only con is no storage. Skd is great service too...shipped fast...thanks guys!
This is by far the most solid stock for an M4. Its so solid it feels like its welded to the buffer tube. Extremely tight with no play whatsoever. I would give it 5 stars but its almost too tight and the stock is about 3/4 of an inch longer than the CTR, which IMHO is the perfect length when fully telescoped.
This stock reminds me of the various SOPMOD style stocks available, but brings the typical Magpul quality. My future weapon builds will all have this on them from day one (until someone makes somethings better that is).
This thing is high speed. It's like the Ferrari of Ferraris. I was surprised to find that it locks up tighter than my STR stock. No room for wiggle and no excuses. It also has a QD sling point on both sides, which are actually molded into the stock (not bolted in, like on the STR.) It's also easier to install than my STR.... if that matters.) Because we all know that you usually have to spit on it first. But in this case you don't. Unfortunately.) My next rifle build is getting one of these as well. Also, SKD is awesome.
Magpul has another winner! All my ARs are outfitted with Magpul furniture.
Saw these came out and wanted to give one a try! Excellent lock up on the receiver extension and great ergonomics!
This stock locks up tight NO movement.