The storage-capable version of the flagship Magpul MOE SL™ carbine stock, the MOE SL-S (Storage) Stock is a direct replacement buttstock for AR15/M4 carbines.
The sleek profile, dual-side release latches, and waterproof battery tubes make it the slimmest storage tube stock available. The SL-S provides an enhanced cheek weld and true, O-ring sealed, 10m waterproof storage area desired by many, but fits it into the narrowest package possible to allow a more upright head position and minimize bulk. A rolled toe and angled rubber butt-pad are optimized for use with body armor, and an ambidextrous QD sling swivel socket is included. A unique leaf-spring tension system provides a solid fit on mil-spec receiver extensions, with slightly less friction than the original SL. The MOE SL-S is the most intuitive, comfortable, and efficient storage stock available.
Made in U.S.A.
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, LMT, Ruger, S&W, SIG, and others (please see the note below)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
- Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via hand-removable, o-ringed rubber plugs that are waterproof to 10 meters
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Dual-side release latch provides easy adjustment while remaining anti-snag
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Internal anti-rattle leaf spring minimizes wobble on receiver extension tube
- Rubber butt-pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Rollover on the toe allows for easier shoulder transitions and better fit when using body armor
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear – Integral push-button QD swivel sling mount accommodates up to 1.5" swivels (ambidextrous)
- Rear/Bottom - 1.25" sling loops
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. The MOE SL-S will only fit with the common mil-spec tube.
It is what it looks like, a solid stock made with all the the quality Magpul is known for. Solid but light weight, there's little to no wobble as this thing goes on tight. Of course SKD is amazing as always. 5/5, but that's to be expected from Magpul and SKD.