Magpul Stock CTR M4 Carbine, Commercial
CTR M4 Carbine Collapsible Buttstock / Commercial Model
The patent-pending Magpul CTR (Compact / Type Restricted Commercial Model) is a drop-in replacement butt stock for carbines using commercial receiver extension tubes. Designed for light, fast action the streamlined A-frame profile avoids snagging and shields the release latch to prevent accidental activation. The extra-power lock mechanism uses a premium chrome-silicon spring to avert auto-collapse failure and maintains strength by resisting spring relaxation. The CTR also features a supplemental friction lock system that eliminates wobble* for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy. The Commercial Model includes an extended 0.55" rubber butt-pad to provide positive shoulder purchase and accommodates longer slant-back extension tubes.
Note: There are two basic types of M4 Carbine Receiver Extensions (buffer tubes): Mil-Spec and Commercial. If you have a Mil-Spec extension on your rifle, make sure to order the Military CTR (MAG310). For help identifying which extension is on your rifle, please contact your rifle manufacturer.
Made in the USA
- Mounts on Commercial Carbine Receiver Extension tube (Not included)
- Premium chrome-silicon spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Supplemental friction lock eliminates accuracy robbing wobble*
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Side mounting slots accept optional cheek risers for NON-AR15 / M16 applications
- Compatible with Single-Point sling mounts
- Sling Mounts *Rear - Push-button QD sling mounts accommodate up to 1.5" swivels (Ambidextrous)
- *Rear / Bottom - 1.25" Sling loops
- *Toe - Lanyard hole for custom para-cord rigs
Included Accessories**: Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55" (Removable)
- Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30"
- Cheek Risers (0.25", 0.50", 0.75", 1.5" for NON-M16 applications)
- CTR Commercial Carbine Stock (w/ Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55")
- Weight, Stock Body: 0.57 lb.
- Weight, w/ Receiver Extension: 0.98 lb.
- Length, Stock Body: 7.15 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.8 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 10.4 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: 14.5 in.
* Friction lock performance may vary depending on the receiver extension's dimensional tolerances.
** Removing Extended Rubber Butt-Pad subtracts 0.55 in. LOP and 0.12 lb. Optional Standard Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30" subtracts 0.25 in. LOP and 0.02 lb. vs. extended pad but may only be used with standard-length (flat-back) M4 Carbine Receiver Extensions only. Butt-pads are compatible with UBR, ACS, CTR, and MOE, carbine stocks.
***Specifications based on extended-length (slant-back) M4 Carbine Receiver Extension and may vary depending on tube specifications.
Got to use one of these on my buddies rifle and immediately bought one. Love the lock and side mount QD sling position. Makes maneuvering the rifle far easier than the typical bottom mount.
Was looking for something a little less bulky than the standard RRA stock. This stock has the high quality look and feel that shooters have come to expect of Magpul products. I'm confident that if I dropped this stock off my roof or accidentally slammed it in my car door that it would still be fully mission capable. I highly recommend the Magpul CTR stock to any AR shooter.
I bought this to replace a flimsy and noisy stock that came on an AR I recently purchased. The comparison between the two...well there is no comparison. The CTR stock slides smoothly with very little play in the off-axis directions. Once you lock down the switch, its rock solid. The top portion that contacts the cheek when shooting feels better as well. Installation was easy and took less than 3 three minutes. The only downside was the price - Magpul isn't cheap. However, SKD was right at the cheapest price I could find on the internet.
Simply the best replacement stock...period.
I got my black Magpul CTR stock a few months as part of the "year of the magpul" promo. So far I've been very happy with it. It pulls double duty on my custom AR carbine that I recently bult, as well as my Mossberg 590 shotgun with Mesa Tactical LEO conversion. It works great on both, with little or no play/rattle. And has good length of pull for a guy with long arms. Now I just need to order a second one. SKD was also very fast with shipping. I would and have highly recommended both the CTR and SKD to friends.
BEST EQUIPMENT MONEY CAN BUY
My brothers rifle has a commercial buffer extension. For his birthday, I decided to get him a new stock but I didn't have enough to by a mil-spec buffer extension. I was wary of the commercial version of Magpul's CTR stock because I was affaird that it may not lock up quite like a mil spec.... I was wrong, this thing locks up just as well as the milspec CTR and is one of the best stocks on the market.
Incredibly easy, tool-less swap, on to my current 4 position commercial tube. This thing is rock solid, no play or slop whatsoever. Super quick to adjust and lock down. Thanks SKD for the fast shipping and Magpul for an amazing product!
This stock is easily adjustable, but holds firm when at its desired length. It isn't wobbily like other collapsable stocks. I love it.