Magpul STR Carbine Stock, Mil-Spec
The Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) is a drop-in replacement butt stock for AR15/M16 carbines using mil-spec sized receiver extension tubes. A storage-capable version of the CTR®, the STR has improved cheek weld and two water resistant battery tubes on a compact, reinforced polymer A-frame design. A shielded operation lever and supplemental friction locking system prevent accidental operation and minimize excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy.*
The STR incorporates two integral sling loops, a reversible push-button QD sling mount, and a replaceable 0.30" rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. If you have a commercial-spec extension on your rifle, make sure to order the Commercial-Spec STR. Please see the "Related Info" section above to determine which tube you have.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others (please see the note below)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
- Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Sloping cheek weld provides a wide contact surface for user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Replaceable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP® and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
*Rear: Reversible QD swivel sling mount fits up to 1.5" push-button swivels (swivel not included)
*Rear/Bottom: 1.25" sling loops
- Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55"
- Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.70"
- STR, Mil-Spec (stock configuration)
- Weight: 0.77 lb.
- Weight, w/ Rec. Extension: 1.02 lb.
- Length, Maximum: 7.30 in.
- Width, Maximum: 2.58 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.25 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 11.10 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: 14.35 in.
* Friction lock performance may vary depending on the host receiver extension's dimensional tolerances.
** Specifications based on standard-length (flat-back) M4 Carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.
***Standard Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30" weight: 0.08 lb. Optional Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55" (weight: 0.11 lb.) or Enhanced Butt-Pad, 0.70" (weight: 0.13 lb.) may be used with either Mil-Spec or Commercial-Spec STR stocks.
Great stock. Only SKD had it in stock in black!
Comfortable stock, great for predator calling.
Very pleased with the product. I am very excited to use this stock on my AR build.
If you have an A5 length receiver extension, this is the perfect stock for it. Just the right length, storage, and high strength. Highly recommended.
Replaced my Colt Rogers stock with the Magpul. The swivel socket is too low on the Rogers and perfectly placed on the STR. Plus the storage and superior cheek weld on the Magpul make it the best stock out there.
Great site to purchase tactical gear.
Love it, I've always been a Magpul CTR stock guy but always hated not having a more direct cheek weld. Hence the STR. Best I've ever used.
Love the stock and the shipping as usual was blinding fast. I am a little concerned about the battery compartments staying secure over time but so far so good.