Thyrm SwitchBack® 2.0 Large Flashlight Ring
The SwitchBack 2.0 adds a multi-function finger ring and robust pocket clip to your tactical flashlight. It mounts securely between the light's tailcap and body, providing a repeatable grip index during deployment from pocket or pouch, and enhances ergonomics while shooting or searching.
The SwitchBack 2.0 is the next evolution in the innovative SwitchBack Flashlight Ring product line, incorporating new features and refinements based on thousands of hours of use by our subject matter experts and customers. The SwitchBack 2.0 mounts between the tailcap and body of your flashlight, making it secure regardless of impact, moisture, and heat/cold changes. SwitchBacks can be used with handguns or long guns, allowing the user to:
- Reliably deploy and index a flashlight from both pockets and pouches, using the SwitchBack's rigid, but releasable, retention ring.
- Shoot using a natural two-handed grip (the SwitchBack Technique).
- Employ all traditional low-light techniques such as Neck Index, Modified FBI, and Harries.
- Positively retain the light when drawing a firearm, reloading, and addressing a malfunction.
The SwitchBack 2.0 also provides fast deployment and enhanced retention during many activities such as climbing, backpacking, car and home maintenance, and self-defense.
New for SwitchBack 2.0:
- A finger ring that releases under heavy force/torque, but can be reset.
- A stronger pocket clip that also works with MOLLE/PALS webbing.
- A pocket clip position that allows for slightly deeper carry than the SwitchBack Large (original) .
- A tubular portion that is cut lower to allow grip on both sides of the tail-cap during installation.
- A wider thumb rest with traction features.
- Small crush ribs on the SwitchBack 2.0s lip that create a custom fit across a broader range of lights.
- An aluminum spacer that expands compatibility to Streamlight HL and HL-X flashlights and other manufacturers with similar designs.
Designed and manufactured in the USA.
This is a handy addition to one of my Surefire handheld lights allowing more positive control and ease of use. Can’t say I’ll ever use it for it’s intended purpose of illumination while manipulating my pistol, as I have dedicated pistol mounted lights that serve that purpose much more efficiently. However, the switchback 2.0 is a nice addition to any tac light needing more positive control and the ability to clip to a pocket, belt, plate carrier or whatever you need it to. I get practical functionality out of it and couldn’t be happier with it.
Thyrm switchback I find to be an effective and useful device for any serious tactical use. with a little training it can be deployed quickly when needed, if one carries ccw this should be a standard carry!!
This thing is awsome haven't put it down since i got
Cool product, improves handling of surefire light and provides much better grip. Also a great company that stands behind their products. FYI, version 2 works better than v1 on surefire fury.
It's a nice way to add a bit of functionality to your favorite quality flash light. Works on both my Surefire and Streamlight Polytac.