Magpul MBUS Back Up Rear Sight, Gen 2
The new MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) GEN 2 is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight. The dual aperture MBUS Rear Sight is adjustable for windage and fits all MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16/M4 platform.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 receiver rail and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the dual flip apertures
- Detent knob easily and positively adjusts windage
- Weight, w/ hardware: 1.3 oz.
- Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
- Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
- Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
NEW Features for GEN 2
- Reduced size for greater optics compatibility
- Both small and large apertures are on the same plane
When you buy the front you gotta get the rear especially at these prices I wouldn’t buy anywhere else.
Good quality sight but over priced.
Exactly as described and sale price made it a better buy than other lower priced sights of questionable quality. Needed this for a Dissipator upper (carbine barrel with rifle-length sight radius) and works fine. SKD lightning shipping a bonus!
Mounted the back up sight and it was dead on. No adjustment necessary. Thanks Magpul. SKD shipping was awesome as usual. Ordered on Wednesday and received on Saturday.
SKD's shipping was quick as usual. The sight was an extremely tight fit on the rail, had to be hammered forward (I tapped it forward with the handle of my multitool) to slide into place. Very good quality composite, screw fastens it into place. Very sturdy engineering. The flip up design decreases the sight radius (maybe 1") but it's only a backup for an optic anyway. The ergonomics are very good, sight can be flipped up just with a thumb toggle, without taking a hand off the grip. Sight is flipped back down quickly and locks back into place automatically.
Can't say it enough, best backup sights for the money. GOt them in OD for my IWI Tavor. Also have in FDE them for my Stag Arms AR15-2T 🇺🇸
This is a great transition from a fixed sight to a flip down/up sight. And just the right price where you don't get junk and don't have to spend a fortune.
It's a good backup sight for the money.
As always, top notch Magpul kit!