Magpul MBUS Back Up Rear Sight, Gen 2
The new MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) GEN 2 is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight. The dual aperture MBUS Rear Sight is adjustable for windage and fits all MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16/M4 platform.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 receiver rail and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the dual flip apertures
- Detent knob easily and positively adjusts windage
- Weight, w/ hardware: 1.3 oz.
- Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
- Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
- Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
NEW Features for GEN 2
- Reduced size for greater optics compatibility
- Both small and large apertures are on the same plane
Love the sight
back up rear sights are very pricey. however, if you're in a pinch like I am, these Magpul sights are pretty good. They sit pretty snug on my Colt upper. I haven't tried it out myself, but I've been told that these sights retain zero after being dropped on. Take it for what it's worth, but for a price point like this, you really have nothing to lose with these Magpul rear sights.
Quality piece of essential equipment. Great shopping and prompt order shipping.
These worked really well, easy to install & easy to zero. Good as back up sights if my EoTech goes out.
A little bulkier than Troy's or similar iron sights but also half the price. Switching between the two apertures is also a little more difficult than iron sights because they snap together. Gets the job done.
So you have a shiny new rifle. Now you need sights. That EOTech is great until the batteries die. Backup sights are a must. These are great. Plastic. Made in the USA. And spring operated. When I put them on my rifle and shot it for the first time I didn't even need to adjust elevation or windage. Your mileage may vary. It's important to note that the rear piece can be adjusted for a larger sight picture. This comes in handy with CQB, low light and general crappy eye sight. SKD shipped fast and cheap. Thank you Magpul and thank you SKD.
SKD has great sale prices
I have Magpul BUIS on all of my ARs. I have used other BUIS's by troy, midwest and dpms and these hold the same standard of those while being both lighter and MUCH CHEAPER!
Was better than i thought it was going to be, fits great. Peep hole is very clear and works well with both eyes open. Co-witnesses perfectly with my dot site. To sum it up, worth the money! Perfect buis!