Magpul MBUS® Pro Offset Sight – Front
Building on the proven MBUS® Pro platform, the MBUS® Pro Offset Sights are part of an an effective aiming system to supplement magnified optics on M1913 Picatinny mounting surfaces. In the event of a damaged or nonfunctional primary optic, or a close target, rotating the rifle 45 degrees provides the shooter with a fully-featured iron sighting solution.
The MBUS® Pro Offset Front Sight features durable Melonited steel construction, positive detented lockup when deployed, tool-less adjustment of the front post for easy zeroing, and a low profile footprint to ensure compatibility and reduce interference with most rifle setups.
- All steel construction
- Case hardened and finished with Melonite QPQ™ for extreme resistance to wear and corrosion
- Mounts on any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 rail including receiver-height gas blocks
- Elevation adjustment knob – no tools required
- Positive detents in both the up and down positions as well as on the elevation knob
- Standard AR height over bore when deployed, 45 deg. offset right-hand side
- Weight, w/ hardware: 1.8 oz.
- Height above rail at clamp: ~0.18"
- Length, stowed: 1.9"
Made in U.S.A.
I bought this one and the matching offset rear sight and put them on a BCM 20" upper I use for long range shooting. So far I am really impressed and very pleased with the money invested. The front sight disappears against the side of the rifle - I honestly forget it is there. It has a very positive lock up and down and would take a pretty substantial bump to knock it up or down by accident. It has a very small footprint on the front of the rail and does not interfere with my forward hand position or the bipod. If I had to find something to nitpick, I would say that depending on what type of handguard you use, it might be so flat against it that you might have issues getting it popped up in a hurry. I have not had a problem with my Mlok rail, but your mileage may vary depending on your rail. It is still well worth the money and is made my Magpul so you know it is a solid product.