Magpul STR Carbine Stock, Mil-Spec
The Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) is a drop-in replacement butt stock for AR15/M16 carbines using mil-spec sized receiver extension tubes. A storage-capable version of the CTR®, the STR has improved cheek weld and two water resistant battery tubes on a compact, reinforced polymer A-frame design. A shielded operation lever and supplemental friction locking system prevent accidental operation and minimize excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy.*
The STR incorporates two integral sling loops, a reversible push-button QD sling mount, and a replaceable 0.30" rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. If you have a commercial-spec extension on your rifle, make sure to order the Commercial-Spec STR. Please see the "Related Info" section above to determine which tube you have.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others (please see the note below)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
- Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Sloping cheek weld provides a wide contact surface for user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Replaceable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP® and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
*Rear: Reversible QD swivel sling mount fits up to 1.5" push-button swivels (swivel not included)
*Rear/Bottom: 1.25" sling loops
- Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55"
- Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.70"
- STR, Mil-Spec (stock configuration)
- Weight: 0.77 lb.
- Weight, w/ Rec. Extension: 1.02 lb.
- Length, Maximum: 7.30 in.
- Width, Maximum: 2.58 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.25 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 11.10 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: 14.35 in.
* Friction lock performance may vary depending on the host receiver extension's dimensional tolerances.
** Specifications based on standard-length (flat-back) M4 Carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.
***Standard Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30" weight: 0.08 lb. Optional Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55" (weight: 0.11 lb.) or Enhanced Butt-Pad, 0.70" (weight: 0.13 lb.) may be used with either Mil-Spec or Commercial-Spec STR stocks.
Love the stock and the shipping as usual was blinding fast. I am a little concerned about the battery compartments staying secure over time but so far so good.
I love this stock. Very good cheek-weld. The storage compartment fits 2 CR123 batteries on each side perfectly with no rattle and the QD socket fits my MS3 sling perfectly. The friction locks sets in rock-solid on my Spike's Tactical AR. Definitely a solid piece of equipment. SKD was very quick with shipping as well. I placed my order at night and it was out the door before lunch the next day. I'm a return customer for sure.
I'm, usually, not one to write long reviews, so here are the "Cliff Notes": This product will eventually be on all my AR's. It definitely makes a HUGE difference when shouldering your weapon, aiming it, and during rapid fire. Also, super easy access to storage compartments. Two thumbs up.
Having recently embarked on an AR build, I can tell you that this is a great stock. Do not be put off by its plastic construction, it is extremely sturdy and has a weight that is not cumbersome yet gives the stock a very solid feel. I plan to use it with a pws enhanced buffer tube and from what I have heard it should fit great, if this is not the case I shall have to update this review. Nonetheless an extremely durable stock that appeals to the connoisseur in every operator.
I've been a Magpul stock fan for a while now, and just switched to the STR. The downside is it adds some more weight to my already fat ass heavy rifle, but the upside is a much better cheek weld, spare battery storage is nice and of course it is a high quality product as one would expect from Magpul.
Really fast/easy purchase & shipping by SKD; very pleased with the quality of the stock, its a little heavier than i originally thought but its still perfect. The one downfall is the directions to install it to your weapon, I found it to be much easier just by using a flat head screwdriver on the side of the stock. Regardless, I know now how to install and am very pleased.
The added storage improves cheek weld.
I've ordered from SKD several times. Great production selection and consistent shipping. Great prices, and if you are lucky SKD offer great sales that cannot be beat. I will definitely order again. You guys are great!
Very satisfied with the time in which I got the order. Very speedy. Would order here again.